Environmental Health & Safety Manager
U-Haul (Falls Manufacturing Plant)
Under the direction of the Plant President, our Falls Manufacturing Company in Fairless Hills, PA, a division of U-Haul has an immediate opening for an experienced Manufacturing Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
The Safety and Training Manager is responsible for directing and guiding the workforce towards safe behaviors and fostering a culture of safety. This position manages the operations and activities of the safety programs by providing strategic support to all departments throughout the plant.
- Plan, manage and direct safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plan, manage and direct environmental regulatory policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal EPA regulations relating to air, water and waste standards.
- Administer the day to day compliance and serve as the plant resource for Team Members, Supervisors, and Managers for all Environmental Health and Safety issues over a three-shift operation.
- Audit and inspect practices, procedures, equipment and facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Administers and monitors the facility wide Environmental Health and Safety program and recommended methods to ensure Team member participation and the implementation of a successful Safety Culture.
- Champion and lead projects to improve (EHS) Key Performance Indicators. Establishes and reports metrics to plant management.
- Manage the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance claims. Conduct root cause analysis to reduce events and make recommendations for preventative measures.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Champion facility Safety Meetings.
- Develop emergency response programs and plans.
- Develop EHS educational training programs and conducts training sessions to plant Team Members. Manage refresher training and retraining programs.
- Represent the company in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Assist with policy renewals, claims management, claims reviews, budget planning and risk minimization programs.
- Share “Best Practices” throughout the organization and monitors opportunities for cross-collaboration.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Environmental/Safety preferred
- 5+ years of experience in workplace Safety, Security, and Environmental programs
- Working knowledge of manufacturing industry preferred, with a knowledge of regulations and factors related to manufacturing facilities.
- Skilled in performing internal on-site safety and environmental inspections for self-audit purposes.
- Strengths in People Management including: communication; leadership; effective presentation skills; coaching; crisis management; motivation; team building; organization; self-starter; time management.
- Ability to travel on a periodic basis (between facility locations).
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, MS Power Point, ERP/MRP.
- General knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner.
- 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday or as needed to complete ongoing projects.
firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. I