EHS Manager Summary:
The EHS Manager assures high quality and consistency in the delivery of occupational health and safety services and strives for continuous improvement towards an injury free workplace.
EHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Respect and enforce the Group, Business Group, and Division policy, procedures and programs.
- Serve as Environmental Management Representative (EMR) for the ISO 140001 Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Manages Return to Work program as part of Worker’s Compensation.
- Ensure department up to date awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene, safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintain legal compliance and manage the site's relations with local government and regulatory organizations.
- Ensure site is prepared for regulatory inspections (e.g.; record retention).
- Ensure the reporting of EHS indicators (i.e. generic injury rate).
- Partner with plant and corporate to support engineering on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate emergency response plans/actions.
- Organize and drive EHS audits.
- Ensure investigation of accidents and lead preventative initiatives.
- Ensure healthy and safe work conditions are provided for employees, as well for running processes in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Advise managers on EHS matters and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure preparation and maintenance of current legal and company reporting requirements and analyze data.
- Ensure plant ergonomic issues are addressed.
- Update and circulate best practices in prevention and protection matters in all the plants of the Division and towards the Business Group.
- Analyze the site risks and bring solutions to improve the working conditions; the level of industrial safety; and respect of the environment.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must have recent experience in a Manufacturing plant.
- Expert knowledge on safety and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing EHS in a large and complex manufacturing site.
- Results oriented.
- Must have worker's compensation experience.