The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will implement, oversee, and adapt policies and programs to improve the organization's environmental and safety performance, ensure it complies with current and future regulations and standards, and protect its reputation. This position is responsible for providing leadership by developing strategies for effective environmental, health, safety and security programs for the facility.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Manages EHSS budget
- Represent facility on Global EHSS Council
- Manage EHSS through ISO-based management platform and reporting tools.
- Perform routine tasks such as project safety plans, job hazard analyses, incident investigations, workplace observations and ensuring safety equipment is maintained
- Develop, implement and monitor safety initiatives.
- Identify, develop and conduct required EHSS trainings
- Manage worker's compensation claim process.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in Occupational Health & Safety/ EHS related field with 5-7 years of experience.
- Has leadership experience or leadership capability through projects.
- License expected.
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Leads EHSS projects that are larger in scope or across multiple plants.
- Consistently mentors less experienced EHSS professionals.
- Excellent general problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and current understanding of all applicable regulations including federal, state and local laws and standards. (US EPA, SSHA, DOT, OSHA, etc.)
- Ability to interpret regulations to ensure compliance. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Manage EHS activities for plant/multiple locations.
- Manage /supervise a small group of employees or indirectly manage employees across multiple sites.