Summary of Position:
As an EHS Manager, you would provide direction, develop and support in the following areas:
- Develop, maintain and communicate site processes regarding environment, health & safety.
- Conduct regular internal audits/workplace inspections and work with the team to take corrective action on known deficiencies.
- Develop effective and engaged H&S committee
- Document and submit required regulatory reports to local, provincial or federal agencies.
- Provide in-house training, ensure external training is taken as required to improve safety.
- Document and report workplace injuries and illnesses. Take corrective action for cause.
- Provide EH&S support for management of customer CSR, RBAand other requests;
Documentation & Records:
- Develop, maintain, and communicate Site environment, health & safety documentation.
- Develop and document risk and hazard analysis procedure and list, including Job Hazards Analysis
- Develop and document a comprehensive environmental aspect and impacts identification procedure and list
- Maintain records required to demonstrate evidence of conformance to Site processes
- Develop and maintain site budget for EHS
Communication & Training:
- Develop and deliver environment, health & safety training and work with Site SMEs to ensure integration of job hazard analysis and safe work practices into job specific documentation. Training topics to cover items such as Emergency Preparedness, Spills, Machine Guarding, PPE, Chemicals / MSDS, Working at Heights, Fork lifts, CPR / First Aid, Prop 65 x-ray safety, etc.
- Ensure training required by 3rd party is taken and records exist (Hazmat, First Aid, Crane / Hoist, Electrical, etc.)
- Develop effective communication strategy to engage workers in health and safety discussions, solutions, problem solving, etc.
- Ensure Customer EH&S requirements are known and addressed
- Develop and conduct quarterly EH&S updates for mgmt to provide status on Mgmt. System. Mgmt. Reviews should be aligned to ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 standard requirements
- Ready site for external registration to OHSAS 18001 in near term.
- Maintain and continually improve the EH&S compliance management process, including third party EH&S regulatory compliance audits, and demonstrate compliance/actions taken for all sites;
- All applicable regulatory reporting for environment, health and safety, including but not limited to: Storm and Sanitary Sewer discharge, Air emissions, hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, spills reporting, etc. Use of consultants for air approvals, machine approvals, waste audits will be done.
- Close liaison with Global EHS.
- Define / analyze where 3rd party expertise such as industrial hygiene sampling, environmental monitoring, etc. is required. Ensure defined in program and records available.
Health and Safety Committee & Auditing:
- Develop and facilitate a Site(s) H&S committee with cross functional membership.
- Develop and implement a Site EHS auditing program with focus on continually improving overall EHS performance. Engage H&S committee in inspections and audits of EH&S items.
- Ensure all areas of the facility / grounds are audited at least annually.
Interface with Corporate EH&S:
- Interface with Global EH&S Lead to ensure alignment of programs.
- Implement Corporate EH&S Policies, Program Checklists, Standards and Guidelines requirements and expectations at the facilities.
- Report on all LTA, Global EHS KPIs, etc. as required / requested.
- Participate in Table Top Exercises for BCP Planning
- Degree in a related field (Environmental Science or Engineering, Safety Engineering, Occupational Hygiene, Engineering or Science with additional professional training in EH&S).
- Minimum 6+ years of working experience in related industrial EH&S functions, preferably electronics manufacturing environment and / or semi
- Professionally certified in occupational safety, or industrial hygiene is an asset.
- Certified in CPR / First Aid
- Relevant knowledge of CalOSHA Title 8 Requirements related to industrial establishments; Fire Regulations; Storm approvals and Sanitary sewer approvals, industrial air approvals as per BAAQMD, etc.
- Trained as 14001 and/or 18001 lead auditor is an asset.
- Strong EH&S skill set.
- Strong communication skills, able to make positive impact, effective and conversant in English and good report writing skills.
- Familiar with EH&S management system requirements.
- Proven Leadership competencies.
- Work well with others and ability to engage people in EHS activities