Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking an experienced mid-level Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Compliance Professional to join our Environmental Practice in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant EHS experience in industry and five (5) years of total EHS experience.
Work for Wood will be a combination of office work and field work. The initial assignment may involve work for six (6) to twelve (12) months as a seconded EHS practitioner in a manufacturing operation in central Illinois. Additional skills/qualifications and job responsibilities are summarized below.
- Communicate with the Wood Project Manager and client Project Manage regarding work expectations, scope of work and budget
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both EHS professionals and non-EHS personnel, both at sites in an office setting
- Licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) (or Engineer in Training (EIT)), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) a plus, but not required
- Experience with both Illinois and Federal Regulations
- Strong written skills with strong self-checking habits to ensure deliverables (reports, permit applications, procedures, etc.) are concise and clear to the reading audience
- Strong verbal skills with ability to coach and/or train individuals in the workplace with a range of backgrounds in EHS knowledge
- Depending on level of experience as an EHS practitioner, the ability to network with peers and generate new business leads in the compliance practice area
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new applications including typical EHS Management Systems software
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at a variety of facilities; Work will typically occur during normal facility or office work hours, but some work on off-hours may be required, including the potential for some overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen requirements and background checks for Wood and various clients, have a valid driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s (and other Company’s) driving and Motor Vehicle policies
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Five (5) to fifteen (15) years of EHS experience with a minimum two (2) years of experience in a facility involving EHS work in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- A broad understanding of environmental compliance with knowledge of air permitting and water/wastewater operations and permitting compliance
- A fundamental knowledge of Title V, NPDES, RCRA, and OSHA
- Experience with management of change (MOC) related to environmental compliance implications
- Industrial hygiene compliance experience (sampling/ interpretation) is a plus, but not required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
Requisition ID 2019-37688