ERM is seeking Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our growing team in Boston or Hartford. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients in the pharmaceutical, chemical, manufacturing, consumer products, energy, oil & gas, and mining throughout the United States, with a primary focus on clients located in the Northeast. This position will provide increasing responsibility for task/project management duties, and is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on environmental compliance, environmental management system, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Provide on-site environmental compliance support at client facilities.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Implement environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, or related discipline; MS a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of environmental compliance experience; consulting, management systems, and due diligence experience preferred.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management industry standards preferred (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer). Expertise in EHS management systems (ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001/ISO45001) a plus.
- Professional registration (CHMM, CPEA) desired, or motivation to obtain.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Access desired.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.