Operations & Administration: The Manager oversees multiple operation elements of the EH Laboratory including oversight of the facility needs and requests in the Laboratory’s Health Sciences location. This may require communicating complex laboratory, safety, and other information to UW facility professionals and monitoring the status of the facility renovations. It also includes oversight of the equipment insurance needs and payments as well as equipment inventory up-dates. The Manager is responsible for oversight and quality control of the existing data sample registry as well as serving as a key staff member in the up-coming transfer to an automated system. The Manager oversees all records retention efforts requiring an in-depth knowledge of state and university requirements. The Manager partners with the Director and department Administrator on human resources including staff personnel actions, salary distributions, and related human resources topics. The Manager will supervise a part-time program assistant. In addition, the Manager is a key participant and coordinator for the re-accreditation efforts by the AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs, LLC. This effort includes helping to prepare required reports and summaries, coordinating site visits, monitoring expenses, and ensuring that the required facility and process improvements are met.
Outreach and Marketing: The Manager will contribute to the development of a revised public website in terms of content drafts, inclusion of photographs and images, and up-dates to the website. The Manager will partner with the department’s Communication’s team to help lead the development of the web appearance and will assist the Director with content development, edits, and management of the website. The Manager will also oversee other marketing avenues such as e-newsletter posts, flyers, social media and other avenues to provide information regarding the EH Laboratory service provisions and successful projects.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
- Minimum Bachelor's in Business, Public Administration or related field. Minimum four to five years of progressive managerial experience in a higher education or non-profit setting or related field.
- Proficient with spreadsheet and text programs (Microsoft Office, Google, other similar programs).
- Management skills including program development, implementation, and assessment and direct responsibility for diverse financialportfolio with ability to manage day-to-day needs as well as interpretation of broader monetary assessments.
- Proven administrative, financial, and problem-solving skills, with knowledge of and familiarity with academic entities.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity. Ability to interpret and communicate to others complex policies and procedures.