The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor will manage and coordinate all EHS programs and functions of the facility(s) as required by Federal and State environmental, health, and safety regulations to complement existing and future ESG policies and procedures. Provide hands-on technical environmental, health, and safety support to production and all employees. Create a strong culture that engages employees. Coordinate safety training programs, monitor environmental, health, and safety regulations. Provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with regulatory or policy requirements. Perform professional work to protect or improve air, land and water resources in order to provide a clean environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Review, evaluate, audit, and provide all required EHS training. Will assist in safety talks with supervisors and team members.
- Assure all required environmental, health, safety and security activities for plant are accomplished as required by regulatory or policy requirements.
- Conduct the daily activities of daily walkthrough inspections, audits, task evaluations, testing, training, briefings and reporting of performance measures.
- Integrate proper, safe work procedures; cultivate proper attitudes in a production atmosphere without jeopardizing team members or minimizing EHS in the various workplace job sites.
- Use a hands-on approach to help assure organizational compliance of applicable OSHA and EPA federal, state, local and corporate safety, health and environmental regulatory requirements. Evaluate, identify and assure that the plant operations follow and adhere to proven and standardized EHS procedures, policies and rules by all assigned team members, visitors, customers and contractors entering the plant properties.
- Identification of health and safety hazards and controls to mitigate risks.
- Coordinating plant wide programs, risk mitigation and injury prevention initiatives, based on the needs of the site.
- Create a culture of injury-free attitudes within the plant team by demonstrating honest, genuine care and passion for safety.
- Develop strategies in support of the Business Unit’s goals and objectives relating to safety and environmental protection. This position will work closely with the Business Unit leadership and EHS committees in the formulation of these strategies.
- Develop and institute policies and procedures to ensure Business Unit safety and environmental protection strategies are executed across all sites through functional leadership to the onsite EHS professional.
- Provide management counsel to those managers and line managers responsible for safety and environmental protection on a local or regional level. Such counsel will include remedial or preventative programs tailored to local and regional needs.
- Participating in pollution prevention and waste reduction initiatives.
- Identify company safety training needs, develop and coordinate safety-training programs.
- Understand Federal and State occupational safety and health regulations.
- Participate in new product and process reviews including process hazard analyses, Operator Training, etc.
- Regulate and enforce environmental engineering policies, programs and activities by established standards; draft new standards as necessary.
- Environmental compliance audits. Interact with outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain safety library (videos, regulations, and reference manuals).
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired. Prefer degree in Environmental Health and Safety or Engineering.
- Desired certifications: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Registered Environmental Manager
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment is a must. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of engineering concerned with facilities and systems controlling pollution and protecting quality of resources and the environment.
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies, i.e., OSHA, EPA.
- Experience working as a participatory member of a companywide program with defined broad objectives and applying them locally in applicable methods.
- Able to perform and lead a variety of tasks, planned and unplanned, with an exceptionally high level of quality to meet target dates.