Manages plant safety and environmental programs to ensure safe and accident-free work environment in Forest Park, Georgia facility. Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance. Plans and/or delivers programs to train managers and employees in work site safety and environmental practices. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend safety improvements. Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager is required to comply with all food safety/quality policies and procedures as defined by TreeHouse to include but not limited to; HACCP, cGMP’s, and general housekeeping practices.
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and environmental record keeping, safety action item register, safety conference calls, safety audits, and accident investigations
- Develop, evaluate and maintain department budget for safety area.
- Ensure the facility complies with OSHA and environmental laws and regulations and TreeHouse Private Brands safety and environmental programs.
- Facilitate safety audits for the facility
- Lead and direct the Plant Safety and Environmental/Sustainable Development Committees. Serve as the Technical Resource to the Safety Action Team.
- Responsible for developing safety and environmental goals for the functions above. These are monitored and progress in achievement is reported monthly to management.
- Responsible for developing, with facility managers, a capital spending program to ensure OSHA compliance and hazard elimination. The manager approves all OSHA AFEs concerning safety and monitors all requests for capital expenditures to ensure that they are compatible with corporate objectives and state and federal safety legislation.
- Serves as or obtains safety expertise for the various plant functions in dealings with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Participates as an active member in professional organizations and serves on committees in order to formulate and promote company positions on pending legislation.
- Audits to ensure all injuries are properly reported.
- Reviews Supervisors’ Reports of Injury to ensure completeness and that appropriate action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- Develops, facilitates or procures training programs for line management aimed at loss prevention.
- Participates with managers on policy development and in achieving loss control objectives and performing safety audits. Develop programs and procedures to assist department managers in complying with Federal/EPA and State laws dealing with Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know laws, including also the Hazard Communication Program as it pertains to TreeHouse Private Brands employees.
- Conduct and/or facilitate safety and environmental programs and OSHA required training and certifications.
- Provide ongoing support to department managers for safety meetings and department work modification.
- Serve as primary professional contact on environmental matters and OSHA inspections.
- Provide a floor presence for employees on safety matters.
- Conduct environmental audits, inspections and reports.
- Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports to regulatory agencies.
- Active participation on plant’s Emergency Response and HAZMAT Teams
- Provide safety training and consulting services to other TreeHouse Private Brands facilities
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Business Management, Organizational Development, Engineering or equivalent required.
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment with experience implementing and managing Safety initiatives required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and through organization using influence and client management skills.
- Experience with Environmental Compliance preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills.