5 - 7 years
Posted 37 days ago
Directly responsible for all issues involving Plant Safety/Health, OSHA compliance, Safety Training, development/ maintenance of Safety and Health Policy and Procedures, Managing the Worker’s Compensation system, Plant security and additional projects as required/needed. This position leads and directs team activities involved with Environmental compliance.
• Establish and promote a work environment that is, and continues to be, safe and healthy. Ensures that occupational environmental, health and safety hazards within the company are identified, evaluated and controlled in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures to control occupational environmental, health and safety hazards and the risks associated with company operations. Communicate and continue to foster a safety culture that goes beyond that which is mandated.
• Maintain company compliance with all appropriate OSHA and state safety and environmental regulations and maintain appropriate reporting and accountability systems.
• Ensure that all departments comply with applicable environmental, health and safety regulations, and equally important, with the company’s philosophy of assuring worker safety which is frequently more stringent than OSHA code or environmental regulations.
• Serve as primary advisor with regard to environmental, safety and health issues for all management levels throughout the company. Responsible for emphasizing the importance of environment, health and safety within the line management. Operates as the primary health and safety interface with hourly employees.
• Maintain close contact with government and related industry management and environmental, health and safety organizational personnel. Establish and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies to ensure the company’s ability to comment on proposed or drafted requirements. Coordinate the internal resources required to analyze pending regulation or legislation, present for consideration of management the impact of such mandates, and communicate the company’s position
• Responsible for leading, directing and managing all worker compensation activities
• Directly involved in all safety aspects of the production facility, including but not limited to development of safety operating systems, ergonomic considerations and hazard identification and control
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Manages 0-2 staff members, responsible for controlling Worker's Compensation costs of $50K - $3 million; OSHA compliance eliminating potential fines and abatement; assists in leading overall environmental, safety and health for a 300 - 1,600 employee plant.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Health, and Safety or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
• 1-3 years supervisory/leadership
• Up to 5% travel.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification
• Experience in a health and safety role ideally for a major corporation in a process related industry such as furniture production and or management