Arconic has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager at our Rochester, NY location. Our passionate commitment to EHS provides the successful candidate with an excellent environment in which to work and the leadership commitment and support to deliver results. This position is a key member of the EHS team, is a highly visible position in the operations and in the Arconic Engines Business Unit.
Arconic Engines is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
In close cooperation with the location's leadership team, this position will be accountable for driving environmental, health and safety efforts across the locations. Significant interface will be required with local management, Business Unit management and other internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coach and counsel location leaders to assist them in the execution of their EHS accountabilities.
- Partner with location leadership to deliver EHS objectives.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical EHS plans to drive fatality prevention, increase risk recognition and reduce injuries/incidents, improve employee health and environmental compliance and protection.
- Act as location representative to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, mentor, develop and support location's professional EHS staff.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 5 years of EHS leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Sciences, Environmental Science or closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Master's Degree in EHS or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience working in heavy manufacturing.
- Environmental permitting and compliance.
- Demonstrated professional with passion for change and relentless focus on execution.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State related regulations.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving and human relations skills.
- Ability to make difficult decisions with sometimes and incomplete set of data.
- Critical skills include: Execution, attention to detail, initiative, conflict resolution, customer focus, collaboration, building ownership and commitment, developing others, establishing and direction, drive for change, tenacity, getting organization support and tenacity.
- OSHA 10 or 30-hour general industry certification.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) designation.
- Prior experience with Human Performance and/or Behavior Based Safety