As the parent company of 30 specialty vehicle brands, REV Group connects and protects communities around the clock and around the world with a lineup of vehicles that have long served the bus, emergency, recreation and specialty markets. Together, these vehicle brands have manufactured more than 240,000 vehicles in service today — a bumper-to-bumper feat that stretches from New York City to Dallas. REV Group is home to more than 7,800 employees across the US and growing!
REV’S world-class ambulance manufacturing facilities span the United States, covering more than 4 million sq. ft. of space. From Southern California to Winterpark, Florida, our efficient manufacturing footprint focuses on operational excellence throughout four dedicated ambulance facilities. Come Be Part of Our Ambulance team as a Mechanical Engineer and Rev Up Your Career Today!
Performs functions to plan, manage, and direct occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, industrial hygiene and risk management for the organization, with full responsibility in terms of policy adherence, costs, regulatory compliance, personnel and quantity of work. Work with and support various departments in understanding safety impacts and responsibilities. Participation in short and long range planning: makes independent decisions on work methods and procedures within an overall program. Originality and ingenuity are required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems. Decisions are not unusually subject to technical review on all matters assigned except those involving large sums of money or long range objectives. Takes courses of action necessary to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects.
- Work is assigned only in terms of broad objectives to be accomplished, and is reviewed for policy, soundness of approach and general effectiveness. Outlines more difficult problems and method of approach.
- Coordinates work programs and directs use of equipment and material.
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory safety standards/codes. Develops accident/loss prevention methods, procedures and programs.
- Conducts safety and health audits and reviews as needed. Work with property insurance carriers to develop and maintain business continuity operations.
- Responsible for all aspects of environmental compliance as it pertains to air quality (air permits), hazardous waste (RCRA), solid waste, industrial waste water, storm water, septic, drinking water, bulk storage tanks including SPCC Plans, and Emergency Planning & Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA).
- Oversee compliance with all EPA, FDEP, and local environmental regulations
- Coordinate and meet the requirements for all DOT regulations regarding the shipping of waste streams.
- Maintain all aspects of chemical control through the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Management Program, chemical review procedure, and the facilities approved chemical list.
- Develops implements and updates safety/industrial hygiene procedures. Evaluates and controls work elements to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Provides accident and injury loss statistics to all levels of management and all employees.
- Prepares and administers the Safety budget. Attend staff and administrative meetings, reporting and advising on safety developments, applications and recommendations.
- Coordinates risk management functions, assists with worker’s compensation program and return to work program.
- Performs a wide range of duties in the plant and office to ensure proper business operations.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver safety compliance training.
- Review new or proposed government regulations affecting site safety programs. Must be able to prioritize duties and complete tasks according to established schedules so as not to compromise completion dates.
- Provides support to other departments including, sales, manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, recycle and service and warranty. Coach employees as necessary.
- Plans, manages and directs safety, hygiene, and personnel operations for the organization with responsibility in terms of costs, methods, personnel, quality and quantity of work. Duties require a broad conceptual judgment to direct and maintain all safety and industrial hygiene programs and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to handle a variety of customers, which can include interaction with other departments, managers, customers, vendors, etc.
- Regular inside and outside contacts dealing with vendors, employees, enforcement personnel and others, carrying out organization policy and programs and influencing others in matters such as personnel safety, proper safety procedures, equipment and machine design, chemical hazards, where improper handling will have a marked effect on operating results.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain workflow or respond to production requirements.
- Job functions may include special assignments as directed by the department Vice President. Participation may be required with various committees and may attend trade shows and seminars. Some travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial safety, engineering or industrial hygiene required.
- Requires at least 7 years of practical experience, and 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Must have detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene programs and procedures. Practical working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, SARA III, ADA, Worker’s Compensation, and other related regulations.
- Maintain Certifications and Training including annual RCRA Hazardous Waste Management and Department of Transportation triennial training for handling hazardous materials, OSHA Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response training for Incident Commander and other agency required training.
- Specialized knowledge in the safety field requiring independent judgment and complex problem solving ability. Experiences in Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement and project management skills are desired.
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist desired, but not required.