DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Federal Mogul is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager who will be responsible for the administration, implementation, and enforcements of plant safety policies to ensure compliance with Federal-Mogul, local, state, and federal regulations and to meet or exceed established goals. The EHS Manager will maintain and ensure compliance with ISO 14001 and the Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System for our Sealing and Gaskets plant in Van Wert, OH. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential to your success at Federal-Mogul.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Human Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Van Wert management team. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Work in conjunction with the management team, and Human Resources to create, maintain, and continually improve safety systems, programs, and training in the plant.
- Strategically analyze and trend: observations, near miss/first aid, and recordable incident data.
- Serve as a “Voice for Safety”. Be visible to the employees and lead the vision for the overall safety culture in the plant.
- Drive a constant continuous improvement program for safety throughout the plant providing recommendations for correcting safety hazards and unsafe work practices and implementation of corrective requirements.
- Regularly perform, lead teams to perform, and maintain site risk assessment analysis and employee training to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Prepare, update, and maintain all health and safety reports and ensure that the safety records system is current and accurate. Ensures all performance metrics are reported to appropriate groups throughout Federal Mogul.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Operations to control Worker’s Compensation claims and cost. Conducts incident investigations and analysis. Implement strategies to minimize the number of occupational illnesses and injuries.
- Maintain and continually improve the EHS Management System in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard and all the EHS legal and other requirements identified by local, state and federal government agencies.
Education: Bachelor’s Degreepreferred. Minimum high school diploma with requiredexperience in lieu.
Experience: 5-7 years in a manufacturing environment (preferably a concentration in EHS).
- Ability to plan and coordinate projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Innovative ideas with ability to take the initiative and develop