FreshDirect currently seeks an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Manager: Transportation, for its busy 300+ truck fleet operations, delivering products across New York City and its environs. Reporting to the Sr. Director, EH&S, the successful candidate will be instrumental in promoting a "culture of safety" throughout all Transportation operations.
- Develops EH&S policies, procedures, and programs designed to reduce road-side incidents and Employee injuries
- Thoroughly investigates all safety infractions, roadside incidents, and Employee injuries, and reports findings to Transportation and the Sr. Director, EH&S
- Supports Transportation with accident and injury root causes, and executes corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Coordinates with Operations on disposition of drivers involved in DOT violations, safety infractions, and roadside incident.
- Performs daily EH&S site inspections of all truck operations and Dock Areas to ensure OSHA/DOT/FMCSA/EPA compliance with all procedures.
- Partners with Transportation and Fleet Maintenance to ensure needed preventive and corrected measures on the truck fleet are implemented and completed.
- Conducts daily Transportation Team Member safety observations and enters data into the EH&S tracking system
- Prepares scheduled safety presentations to Transportation Teams, including EH&S trends and performance indicators, and presents data to relevant teams
- Develops and distributes to Transportation EH&S dashboards with relevant data, including safety targets, incidents, trends, and financial impact
- Creates Driver training materials and conducts classroom and hands-on Transportation initial and annual recurrent training
- Maintains, submits all required records and documentation, including incident reporting, to appropriate regulatory agencies on a timely basis
- Meets with regulatory agencies and insurance providers, as necessary.
- Provides leadership and direction with assigns and accountabilities to the EH&S Specialist and EH&S Coordinator positions.
- Ensures OSHA/DOT/FMCSA/EPA regulatory compliance and adherence to all FreshDirect EH&S policies and procedures at all times
- 5-years' hands-on experience driving safety and compliance in a busy Transportation operation
- Strong knowledge of OSHA/DOT/FMCSA polices and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent