The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager supports the strategic environmental, health and safety goals and targets in order to drive continuous performance improvements across the business unit and within the trade organizations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain effective EHS programs and processes in trade organization.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Workers Compensation to manage injury claims to minimize cost and close cases promptly.
- Work with store operations management and EHS team members to drive continuous improvement of the incident investigation and corrective action process.
- Conduct periodic EHS program analysis, provide reports and metrics to the business leadership and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Track and manage EHS KPI.
- Develop and modify training, awareness and communication for EH&S at the trade organization.
- Work with stores management to improve store operations through lean processes, ergonomic improvements and risk reduction programs.
- Provide direct EHS support and council to the trade organization.
- Regularly meet in the field with store and field sales personnel to understand issues and recommend courses of action to reduce incidents, liability, costs and enhance to capability of the organization to grow sales profitably.
- Implement and manage required OSHA programs (i.e., LOTO, Electrical Safety, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Hearing Conservation, and Required Medical Record keeping, etc.).
- Implement and manage required Environmental compliance programs, reporting and permitting, including, SARA 312 & 313, RCRA wastes, air permitting on a limited basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or Science.
- Knowledge of retail permitting, reporting, operations and local fire code.
- Five or more years of commercial or industrial experience in the environmental, health or safety area.
- Proven leadership and organization ability, effective presentation and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently supporting diverse client populations.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing retail and commercial Health and Safety programs including lifting and stretching, behavior based safety, human performance testing, driver safety.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA and retail building codes is desired.
- Ability to travel 50% depending on the level of activity in the organization.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world. At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visitwww.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter. Why join us:With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.