To provide overall leadership for the Environmental, Health and Safety systems for the Neenah Cold Spring Facility in support of a safe and profitable operation.
Customers: Key customers include all Neenah Cold Spring employees, Sector Safety and Environmental team members, mill safety team members, hourly and salaried leaders.
Expectations: Provide organizational and functional leadership to ensure that the Neenah Cold Spring Facility implements EHS systems that meet Kimberly-Clark Best Practices and federal and state regulatory requirements. The incumbent will provide leadership for continuous improvement in all EHS activities in support of achieving a loss-free environment.
The incumbent reports to the Mill Manager and has the responsibility to coordinate all EHS efforts in the mill. The incumbent must work collaboratively with the Sector Safety Leader and all mill leaders to identify and lead appropriate initiatives that deliver continuous improvement in EHS results.
- Provide management and leadership in safety and environmental loss prevention. This requires participation in efforts to reach World Class objectives of safety, quality, customer service, and includes managing a process for continuous feedback and system assessment.
- Provide leadership and direction for safety professionals mill-wide.
- Responsible for safety initiatives that achieve site safety objectives and result in an improvement in the site safety performance in the short term while building the basis for ongoing, continuous improvement to a World Class performance level.
- Create and foster programs that lead to the creation of a culture where safety is recognized as a value and employees are motivated to develop and to use safe work habits.
- Ensure site compliance with Wisconsin OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other federal and state mandated safety regulations.
- Lead the team that implements site-wide safety and environmental initiatives which will include such programs as, hazardous energy control, machine safeguarding, ergonomics and other programs as required to reach safety objectives.
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate implementation of new methods and approaches to accelerate safety and environmental improvement at the Neenah Cold Spring Facility.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve their individual/team contributions in order to achieve desired business results.
- Promote and enhance the mill’s World Class Manufacturing philosophy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Risk Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health, or equivalent experience
- Candidates with the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential preferred
- Five or more years of manufacturing experience, with at least 3 years in an environmental, health, safety role
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other federal and state agencies
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills