Coordinate and supervise the activities of Environmental, Health & Safety, Medical and Plant Security programs. Maintain the facility’s compliance with the laws and regulations of local, state and federal governments. Coordinate and supervise the activities of the waste water treatment plant and personnel. Responsibilities:
- Leads, coordinates, and implements environmental, safety, and security programs, policies, and procedures in accordance with government regulations and company policies, including but not limited to: V5000, TS16949, V1000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 standards by using QRQC methodology (All functions), and On the Job Training (OJT) of peers.
- Support Minus 30 activities and Stop Scrap procedures (Related to all manufacturing) where applicable.
- Act as the management representative for ISO14001 and OHSAS18001,and other appropriate Federal and State Health and Safety agencies.
- Perform workplace audits to detect existing/potential workplace hazards integrating the concerns into the Valeo Production System. Conducts environmental audits of Satellite Accumulation Sites, Storm Water containment and control, non-hazardous and hazardous waste accumulation storage areas. This also includes off site recycling/reclamation and disposal companies. Coordinate and follow up on correction activities and schedules.
- Develop, revise, implement, train, and communicate written environmental, safety, security, workers' compensation programs, as needed, to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies. Inspect and monitor facilities for compliance with local, state, and federal EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Develop, prepare, and conduct environmental and safety training sessions to ensure compliance and employee understanding. This includes hazardous waste, hazardous materials, Confined Space, Lockout/Tagout, PPE, Department of Transportation, Storm Water, and Satellite Accumulation Site, Contingency and Spill Plan training. Ensure training records/files are maintained and up-to-date.
- Participate in the technical specifications development for new processes and equipment; identify methods to improve work-station ergonomics. Provide process and equipment evaluation and approval prior to start of production (SOP).
- Assist with the management of plant security to Group standards; review daily reports and respond to suspicious activities. Propose, implement and update security plans for the facility and grounds that meet and/or surpass state & federal regulations in safety/security compliance
- Coordinate emergency response activities; authorized as the primary Emergency Coordinator for the Greensburg site.
- Prepares government environmental, safety, security, and workers' compensation reports, permit applications, and paperwork including: Tier II, Form R, Hazardous Waste Annual Report, OSHA 300 Log, wastewater monitoring, and shipping manifests for the transportation and disposal of non-hazardous, special, and hazardous waste.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil Engineering, Safety, Environmental Science or similar/related discipline or equivalent experience, OSHA 10 & 30.
- Minimum of 9 years within the Manufacturing, and 5 years in a Safety function
- English fluent