Who we are
Here at Vireo Health, Inc. (“Vireo”) our mission is to bring the best of technology, science, and engineering to the cannabis industry. Vireo’s physician-led, customer-focused team of more than 500 dedicated employees creates best-in-class cannabis products and customer experiences. Vireo is proud to have one of the most diverse workforces in cannabis and we promote diversity, equity, and inclusion through engaging employee outreach programs, community events, and non-profit partnerships. Vireo is rapidly expanding nationwide, and we are looking for talented, compassionate, and dedicated people to join our team and help us grow. From Cultivation to Operations to Sales & Marketing, we are hiring people who share our vision and our passion for improving people’s lives. If Vireo is the place for you, click apply so we can learn about you.
What you will do
We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our growing talented team! The ideal candidate will be driven, innovative, compassionate, believe in the goodness of people and cannabis, and enjoys the one team, one dream motto. The EHS Manager will oversee all aspects of Environmental, Health, and Safety for Vireo Health. This individual should be comfortable We are seeking an individual that is comfortable with working both indoors and outdoors.The position reports to the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations.
- Lead compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Environmental, Health, and Safety management.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the purchase, proper use, maintenance, and inspection of necessary safety and personal protective equipment.
- Prepare applicable EHS reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on EHS issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EHS training and certification programs.
- Observe EHS regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Walk the facilities on a regular basis to establish EHS presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly EHS Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage EHS Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform facility EHS inspections.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Participate/lead Plant Safety Committees
- Assist in administering and maintaining Safety compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, PPE, Hot Work, Confined Spaces, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position– previous manufacturing industry preferred.
- 2 + years of people management experience
- Adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to use multiple software platforms and potentially develop personal tools.
- Experience working in USDA/FDA regulated environment.
- Can prioritize with minimal direction.
- Experience with conflict management
- Familiar with multitiered supply chain
- Familiar with FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (or similar)
- Ability to participate in physical labor (lift up to 50 pounds) on occasion.
- Occasional heavy lifting may be required.
- Ability to work with a computer and remain seated or standing for extended periods of time.
- Low to medium level machine noise will be regular.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work different shifts and occasional weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000 - $100,000 per year
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)