New position based in Midtown Manhattan with global EHS responsibility. The Environmental, Health and Safety Director is the primary point of contact for EHS requirements and activities for the account, and communicates EHS needs and results to the Account Central Leadership Team. This position will manage a team of Safety Specialists.
- Play a lead role in the continued development and refinement of JLL’s EHS culture and training programs on the account. • Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for all various JLL facilities, (including all acquisitions) on regulatory compliance issues in Environmental Health and Safety. • Provide oversight and alignment for training/presentations as needed on specific topics applicable to the account employees.
- Support the Sr. VP, National Dir. EHS Americas in rolling out new compliance and best management practices programs across the account (and occasionally support JLL-wide EHS activities). • Collaborate with other Jones Lang LaSalle EHS managers to learn best practices and publish best practices developed on client account for benefit of all firm clients.
- Manage and provide EHS oversight to the trending factors and indicators to management on a monthly basis. Provide JLL Central Team and Client with current and historical EHS data to perform to all CPI/KPI metrics
- Support Service Line leads and manage the training program for the account including document creation, tracking and reporting
- Assist in the assurance of compliance with all EHS Sections of the Engineering Services Compliance Program (ESCP). Become the primary point-of-contact for the EHS sections of the JLL ESCP audit program and assist in managing the annual
- Assist in the development and oversight of the EHS Compliance Assurance program for JLL assets and EHS programs. process.
- Ensure that EH&S accidents, injuries, near misses/good catches, and other events are captured and the data is managed and reported. Manage the OSHA 301/300 recordkeeping requirements for the account. Also, be the Account’s Administrator for the JLL AIMS (Accident & Incident Management System).
- Participate with operating sites as needed to lead or support investigations of serious safety events, the analysis of root cause(s), support/track the implementation of effective corrective actions, and prepare communications to share the lessons-learned from such events across the account operations.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of EHS experience and education. Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- 8 years of experience managing an EHS program.
- Supervisory experience, with the ability to coach, mentor and train.
- Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Working knowledge of relevant current legislation.
- Practical working knowledge of Health and Safety tools and techniques, ideally within a Facilities Management environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant standards, legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures.
- Presentation skills to deliver specialist advice at all levels and to deliver localized training to staff as required.
- Strong organizational skills, information management proficiency and collaborative management style are needed.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends and related best practice.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with colleagues and senior management.
- Ability to work through and identify the root cause of any problem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out an audit and gather objective evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records.
Certifications / licenses:
- General Industry OSHA 10/30 Hour Instructor a plus.
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Applicable certification desired (CHM, CSHM, CIH, CSP,CEP).