The Director of EH&S is an experienced environmental, health and safety manager, with extensive construction worksite safety experience, as well as experience developing corporate EH&S procedures and standards, identifying risks and developing mitigation plans, and driving a safe work culture in the construction environment. In addition, the EH&S Director will foster a culture of continuous improvement and safe work place habits. This individual will also ensure that the company maintains compliance with all EH&S related country, federal, state and local regulations.
- Manages Nexamp EH&S Safety Program throughout the organization utilizing ISNetworld
- Leads by example and enforces company and regulatory safety policies and procedures; addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors, consultants and vendors
- Minimizes Nexamp’s exposure and risk across all business units by identifying unsafe work practices, near misses, and other unsafe business practices and leads the efforts to mitigate those risks through process improvement
- Leads by example to deliver on-point safety messages and campaigns. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized training and coaching across diverse audiences
- Mentors and coaches a growing team of construction managers to ensure that projects are built safely. Provides support as needed to develop creative, cost effective solutions to environmental health and safety challenges in the field
- Maintains OSHA300 in ISNetworld and develops relevant environmental health and safety metrics to measure performance and drive improvement throughout the company
- Maintains open lines of communication across all levels of management to promote a culture of continuous improvement and trust
- Assumes an active role in industry-wide safety counsels, conferences and events to understand and share best practices and procedures
- Develops safety policies procedures to include an inspection and audit program in order to measure and improve performance
- Responds to all EH&S incidents to their supervisor and works with appropriate personnel to ensure compliance and proper reporting procedures are followed
- Conducts initial and follow up work related injuries and accidents investigations (project/vehicular) and coordinates with management and insurance carriers.
- Reviews and approves all company-required PPE
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
Key qualifications as follows:
- Ten + years of EH&S experience and knowledge of safety statutes relevant to our industry including OSHA, EPA, DOT, DEP, NFPA70E, NEC, and ANSI
- OSHA 40 HAZWOPER certified
- 4-year college degree in Safety, Engineering or related sciences preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing a corporate safety program for a growing company
- Willingness to travel at least 50% is required
- Maintains professional licenses in trade and OSHA 500 series level training is preferred