HGA Architects has an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Environmental Graphics Designer to join our San Francisco, CA office. In this position, you can expect to work on a variety of project types and collaborate with interior designers and architects across multiple disciplines
- Be responsible for the planning, management, and delivery of environmental graphics projects from concept through completion
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of architects and designers to design graphics, branded environments, signage and wayfinding solutions
- Lead and manage design projects for environmental graphics programs digital and static graphics.
- Ensure quality control through approval of proofs, and testing of technology and materials before deployment
- Conduct site visits when applicable
- Interpret client requirements to develop customized work and graphics
- Make design decisions based on client feedback, branding guidelines, and overall vision
- Participate in local professional organizations, attend relevant educational seminars and maintain knowledge of industry practices, styles, aesthetics and evolutionary systems. Participate in business development, marketing efforts, client presentations and client development
- Ability to develop proposals and track project schedules and budgets
- Ability to build a Graphics Development team, including mentoring and support.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts or related design
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience
- Architectural, interior or environmental design experience is a plus
- Expertise in graphic tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop); working knowledge of REVIT
- Proficiency in review of design details, such as typography, alignment, hierarchy, etc.
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute complex projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, time management and the ability to lead and manage design efforts with minimal oversight
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- A design approach based on deep research