We currently have the following opportunity for a Environmental Engineer in the HSES (Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security) Department at our Texas Plants Facilities (Deer Park, TX).
Assure that the Texas Plant facilities are in compliance with the environmental rules and regulations from local, state and federal agencies
- Responsible for all aspects of Air Permitting and Compliance of multiple operating units and potential multi-media responsibilities (e.g. water, wastewater, waste, LDAR)
- Interpret and implement state and federal regulations as well as compliance programs at the unit and site levels
- Prepare permits and calculations for NSR, Title V, Pollution Control Permits and Permits By Rule;
- Support Emission Inventory/Toxic Release Inventory reporting and OPS Info Environmental Management System
- Lead TCEQ and EPA audits and investigations including follow-up responses and actions.
- Review incidents, calculate emissions, and document information required for emission event documentation and reporting; Report events as required to regulatory agencies
- Train operating personnel on permit and regulatory requirements
- Complete regulatory reports as required (NSR, Title V, NSPS, NESHAP, MACT, Cap and Trade Program); MON federal reporting responsibilities; potentially some multi-media reports including Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR) and SARA Tier 2.
- Perform field walkthroughs and support HSES responsibilities
- Collaborate with unit operational personnel on projects and improvements
- Responsibilities include on-call and emergency support for the plant
- Other duties as identified
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred. Will consider a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Science
- At least 5 years of chemical plant experience with a focus on air compliance
- 10+ years of direct environmental permitting and regulatory experience
- Strong experience and working knowledge base of Texas air state permitting and state regulatory requirements and federal environmental regulations related to SOCMI and chemical sector applicable regulations (Title V/MSS/NSPS/NESHAP/MACT/MON/30 TAC 101 through 122/LDAR/New Source Review)
- Strong experience and working knowledge of emission event regulations and reporting requirements to regulatory agencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel specifically, Microsoft suite and overall computer skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a plant environment and wear required PPE
Considered A Plus
- Experience with data management information systems including but not limited to OPS Info, LeakDas, SAP and Pi Process Book
- Experience in chemical batch processing
- HRVOC and NOX Cap and Trade Program experience
- Knowledge of air dispersion modeling and MERA.
- Experience as supervisor/manager of programs or people.
- Multi-media environmental knowledge including TPDES permitting, waster regulations, wastewater regulations, Discharge Monitoring Reporting (DMR), Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), SARA Tier 2, and Emission Inventory