Environmental Engineer ( Project Manager )
IMPACT ENVIRONMENTAL - Lyndhurst, NJ
North Jersey environmental remediation firm with over 27years of success looking to hire an Associate Project Manager with 5 plus years of full-time environmental engineering, geology, or environmental science experience to join our team to work on New York projects.
Must have proficiency and significant experiencewith the following:
- Must be talented with requirements of the NYC Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) E-designation and Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP), and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) regulations and guidance.
- Must be a strong technical writer, including significant experience in writing reports, work plans, and proposals.
- Experience and understanding of environmental aspects of construction and development projects.
- Experiencewith performing environmental sampling, environmental borehole logging, and implementing subsurface investigation work plans.
- Preparing proposals, tracking project budgets, and reviewing contracts.
Experiencewith following areas are considered a plus:
- Conducting Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments.
- Preparing stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPPs), soil erosion and sediment control plans (SESCP), and materials handling plans (MHP).
- Fundamental understanding of remediation treatability/pilot studies and design for various types of media.
- Designing soil disposal characterization sampling plans, and experiencewithconstruction waste management.
- AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS proficiency.
- Preparing Long Island Well Permits, SPDES permits, and NYC sewer discharge permit applications.
- Prepared to be based out of our Lyndhurst, New Jersey office, with occasional travel to New York City.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with logistics coordination and working with outside consultants, vendors and service providers.
- Team-oriented, safety conscious individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- OSHA40-hour (HAZWOPER) and/or OSHA10 hour (Construction Safety) certifications a plus.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record withno DUI's, excessive or major violations in the last 5years.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, engineering, or science-related fields. Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 5years of full-time New York environmental consulting or engineeringexperience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5years
- Environmental Engineering: 4years