Position Summary: We are interested in hiring an Environmental Engineer who is able to work independently and have responsibility for all environmental functions for multiple distribution sites (i.e., air, water, waste). The candidate must have a detailed understanding of one or more e
nvironmental regulations and related compliance activities (i.e., Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation Recovery Act, Risk Management Planning, etc.). He/She will be required to apply regulatory and plant operational knowledge to provide guidance to the Operations team and to develop compliance plans as needed.
The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to quickly develop organizational understanding in order to effectively drive compliance. In this role, the candidate must have the ability to interpret complex rules, understand regulatory interrelationships, and utilize this knowledge to provide practical advice and guidance to the Operations and Commercial teams. He/She must have a strategic mindset and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve results. Position Responsibilities:
- Regulatory and technical knowledge: Has an in-depth knowledge of applicable environmental regulations including air permitting and compliance. Expresses confidence in his/her views, but recognizes limitations. Is able to prioritize their regulatory and technical knowledge to use it where it will have the most positive impact. Establishes himself/herself as a resource for regulatory knowledge.
- Works independently: Must be self-directed, capable of working independently with minimal supervision and managing a diverse and challenging workload. Experience with prioritizing tasks and managing the expectations of multiple internal stakeholders and working productively with Operational and Commercial leadership.
- Process knowledge: Understands company’s operations to which the regulations and requirements must be applied and is able to identify opportunities for improvement. Obtains a more in-depth understanding of the units, processes, and work practices.
- A BS or advanced degree in engineering, relevant sciences, or specific environmental discipline
- 10+ years of relevant environmental experiencesupporting units or plants in multiple states and specifically Texas (required), preferably in chemical manufacturing industry
- Air Permitting and compliance (preferably Title V), ability to complete emissions calculations, and various reports (TRI, TIER II, Emissions Inventories, etc.), preferably multimedia experience (stormwater, RMP, SPCC, waste including RCRA Part B)