The Husky Energy Lima Refinery produces approximately two billion gallons of refined petroleum products annually, including jet fuel, diesel, and about 25% of Ohio’s gasoline supply. The Refinery has been in operation since 1886 and was acquired by Husky Energy in 2007. Husky is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies and is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments. The Lima Refinery represents a significant part of Husky’s strategy to remain an integrated energy business.
The Lima Refining Company has an opening for an Environmental Engineer/Specialist. This role will primarily be responsible for the development and implementation of various compliance initiatives as they relate to the requirements outlined in the pending Class 1 Injection Well Permit to Operate, including all requirements of Ohio Administrative Code 3745-34. These initiatives will require interaction with the refinery operations group, the refinery waste management group, outside consultants, and regulatory agencies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee the regulatory and permit-specific requirements for Class 1 Injection Well operation pursuant to the requirements of the pending Permit to Operate (PTO) and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Maintain and routinely report all monitoring requirements specific to Class 1 Injection Wells, such as, the physical, chemical and other relevant characteristics of injection fluids, injection pressure, flow rate and volume, annular pressures, and the cause and duration of any non-operating periods. Reporting responsibilities will include any well work over or procedures conducted at the injection well other than routine operational procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Waste Analysis Plan and assist in the preparation and implementation of the waste minimization and treatment plan.
- Oversee the demonstration of mechanical integrity for Class 1 Injection wells and annual radioactive tracer surveys to include coordination between all contractors and agency personnel during required tests.
- Responsible for tracking and coordinating payment of all required fees associated with Class 1 Injection wells (i.e. annual permit fee, waste disposal tonnage fees).
- Oversee the implementation of the seismic monitoring plan, to include coordination with consultants or corporate geophysicists for the interpretation of seismic data, and reporting of all seismic data pursuant to the requirements of the pending Permit to Operate.
- Oversee the implementation of periodic monitoring of groundwater quality in the lowermost USDW, as required by the pending Permit to Operate.
- Assist with the management, tracking and off-site disposal coordination of refinery hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste.
- Attend and actively participate in project MOC/PSM/HAZOP meetings.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Environmental Management System.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Hydrogeology, Geology, Environmental Engineering, or otherEngineering/Technical Degree
- Minimum of 5years of environmental compliance experience
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Air Services, and SAP
- Ability to negotiate with regulatory agencies
- Ability to motivate and develop contract employees to ensure compliance with program assignments
- Solid communications skills and excellent technical writing skills
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA
- Professional Engineers License
- Minimum of 5years of experience in the petrochemical industry
The Lima Refining Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.