The Environment Engineer will be responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations and with environmental permitting at the LyondellBasell Channelview Site. The primary environmental media for the position will be air. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies.
Accountabilities and responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain ownership of assigned site environmental programs (e.g., BWON, MACT rule reporting, CEMS/PEMS systems),
- Interact with operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory requirements,
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for assigned units and programs in the area of federal and state environmental compliance,
- Liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting,
- Complete and submit environmental reports to state and federal agencies,
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists,
- Develop (or assist in development) and maintain environmental management systems,
- Mentor junior environmental professionals,
- Represent the site in trade organizations and in best practice groups.
- Provide support to maintain site compliance with permits and environmental regulatory requirements.
This position requires a Bachelors' degree in Chemical Engineering, or other appropriate engineering degree, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years relevant environmental experience. Chemical Engineering degreepreferred. Experience in the chemical manufacturing industry preferred. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Significant experience with BWON, MACT, and Texas regulations
- Working knowledge of the environmental regulatory process and experience representing a company to the regulatory agencies,
- Experience developing and/or managing environmental compliance systems,
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees,
- Proficiency in the following competencies should be demonstrated: drive for results, interpersonal capability, broad perspective, motivating each other, integrity and building trust, and dealing with ambiguity,