What will be your contribution to the team?
Under the authority of the department director and in collaboration with the construction director, you will be responsible for the Environment component of a major construction project, including the management of a team of professionals and technicians:
- Lead the operations of the environment team dedicated to the project;
- Coordinate environmental activities according to the needs of the design and construction team;
- Prepare authorization requests (provincial and federal) and municipal permits and follow up with the authorities;
- Write and implement specific management plans (water, air, noise, vibrations, soil, wildlife, supplies, emergency response, etc.);
- Manage environmental non-compliance, ensure follow-up and implement corrective measures;
- Prepare the required budget estimates and follow them rigorously;
- Provide technical and administrative support to the team;
- Ensure the implementation of corporate methods and procedures in ethics and compliance, Health-Safety-Environment and Quality within his team.
The person in the capacity of Environment Director, major construction project has:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or in a professional discipline related to the environment;
- At least 15 years of professional experience in the environment, with significant experience in construction projects;
- Confirmed experience in the following fields of expertise:
- Establishment and maintenance of environmental management system (EMS);
- Permit applications from federal, provincial (Quebec) and municipal authorities;
- Management of contaminated soils and materials;
- Environmental monitoring in construction;
- Environmental characterization (fauna and flora).
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams;
- Very good knowledge of administrative systems and project cost monitoring;
- Sense of organization, team spirit and leadership ability;
- Experience in mentoring with environmental professionals;
- Ability to communicate in French and English, both written and spoken.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will benefit from competitive compensation, a healthy and safe work environment, and a full range of employee benefits (group insurance, retirement savings program, stock ownership plan, employment permanent, continuing education program, etc.).