Environmental Department Manager needed in Palm Beach County, FL. Company is a full-service engineering consulting firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, material testing, and building inspections. Our clients include contractors, developers, owners, engineers, architects, state and local governments, school boards, departments oftransportation, universities, banks, and realtors. Competitive wages based upon qualifications and experience; along with a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid holidays, paid time off and a 401k with company match. If interested, please send updated resume. Thank you
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Motivate and manage the environmental technical staff.
- Oversight of department workload and utilization.
- Planning, oversight, and administration of department budgets.
- Administration of corporate policies and processes.
- Oversight and implementation of the department growth and business development strategies.
- Handing department level hiring, terminations, and staff performance reviews and professional development plans.
- Performance and management of the following environmental services.
- Phase I, II, III Environmental Site Assessments, Monitoring Only Plans, Soil and/or Groundwater, Quality Assessments, Asbestos Containing Building Materials Surveys, Emergency Response/First Responder Incidents, Underground and Aboveground Storage Tank Closure Assessments, Contamination Assessment Planning/Reporting, Development and Oversight of Remedial Actions, and other projects.
- Consultation with Executive Staff about project status, updates and budgeting, performance reviews, technical assistance and review/certification or reports; financial performance.
- Interacting and providing support for internal environmental staff.
- Development and Implementation of department strategic plan.
- Leading business development and business diversification efforts including managing select key clients.
- Interacting and providing support for the internal environmental staff.
- Communicating effectively and confidently with clients, staff and leadership.
- Identifying and recruiting staff for department growth and to address project and client needs.
- Leading business development efforts as appropriate for the candidate’s background and technical skills.
- Provide senior review of project cost proposals, qualifications, and other client deliverables.
- Serve as a senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses: Professional Geologist License and 40-hour OSHA Trained