MacAulay-Brown Inc. (MacB) is seeking an experienced Environmental Controls Systems (ECS) Engineer to support the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) B-52 systems program Office.
- Have knowledge of mechanical engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICDs, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of systems.
- Support Aircraft environmental requirements / testing/ certification support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
- Review/develop/ update applicable program documentation for ECS engineering relevant requirements.
- Support and assist systems analyses to include, but not be limited to, ECS system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
- Assist the customer in developing systems/subsystem specifications.
- Provide draft documentation defining system/subsystem specifications.
- Perform analyses of subsystems including avionics interfaces, and multiplex bus communications, and identify potential issues and/or areas of improvement for Government consideration.
- Support development and test of the program system hardware and software and its integration into the system architecture.
- Attend all technical reviews and provide technical advice on the path forward to installation of the new hardware into the system.
- Support and assist performance effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life-cycle cost, producibility, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical and schedulerisk assessments, and schedulingtrade-off studies.
- Review system specific test plans and participate in system, subsystem, and component testing.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant DoD work experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degreerequired, Master of Arts/Master of Science/Master of Engineering (MA/MS/ME) degreedesired
- Possess a current Secret clearance
- The successful candidate will be familiar with DoDI 5000.02and the AFLCMC acquisition process.
- The candidate will demonstrate experience with ECS system design and integration, familiarity with test plans and programs, and joint interoperability testing and airworthiness certification.