Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Environmental Division of the Great American Insurance Group provides a comprehensive portfolio of environmental insurance products to a broad array of industries. All products can be customized to address the specific risks and exposures of the client. This position will provide technical support for environmental division pollution liability policies.
- Conducts loss prevention surveys / physical inspections of environmental pollution liability accounts.
- Provides underwriters with an accurate description of the physical and operational details of an insured.
- Provides technical support to claims and underwriting departments.
- Work with external engineering contractors.
- Provide technical training and mentoring to claims and underwriting staff.
- Identifies hazards and potential loss exposures and makes recommendations to eliminate or reduce the potential loss.
- Consults with underwriters and other staff regarding account / line-of-business acceptability, exposures and controls pertinent to the various lines of business.
- Assists underwriters and other staff relative to account operations, exposures, construction and protection.
- Conducts accident investigation and loss analysis to identify causes.
- Employs effective sales and communication skills to achieve compliance with recommendations and provides safety and / or supervisory training to insureds.
- Conducts joint marketing presentations, in conjunction with Underwriting, Claims and Marketing, to accounts and agents.
- Maintains expert knowledge of company / department manuals and procedures, and relevant Federal, State and other pertinent codes and regulations applicable to Property, Liability and Casualty lines of coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of experience in environmental consulting or insurance.
- Must possess a high level of technical knowledge and skills within the environmental industry.
- Professional registration (e.g. PE, PG, MA Licensed Site Professional, NJ Licensed Site Remediation Professional) preferred.