Environmental Compliance Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Haley & Aldrich is a 600-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our Permitting Compliance and Operational Risk team. We are looking for an experienced professional to provide multi-media environmental compliance services, with a significant focus on air compliance. The qualified professional will combine high-level, strategic consulting along with a strong technical foundation. This position will support the overall growth objectives of our core environmental business and can be based in Manchester, NH; Dayton, OH; Rochester, NY or Phoenix, AZ.
The successful candidate will:
· Partner with Haley & Aldrich’s national team of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance experts to support our aggressive growth strategy and build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with our clients.
· Provide project support including, but not limited to, preparation of SPCC Plans, SWPP Plans, RCRA Contingency Plans, EPCRA Tier II and TRI reports, air emission reports, and environmental permit applications; development of compliance programs and training materials; and performance of compliance audits.
· Focus on the full spectrum of Haley & Aldrich’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients. In particular, play a key role in supporting Haley & Aldrich’s portfolio of EHS consulting services, with a specific emphasis on air quality permitting and compliance.
· Actively work within the EHS compliance practice to support strategies and programs that result in significant revenue growth with new and existing clients.
· Contribute to the leadership and management of project execution activities in support of our clients’ active facility operations. Lead environmental compliance and permitting consulting engagements.
· Work closely with clients to develop and maintain strong relationships.
· Achieve Haley & Aldrich’s and our clients’ expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
· Be an integral part of our safety culture approaching all aspects of work at Haley & Aldrich with a safety-first attitude, performing in accordance with Client and Company Safety requirements.
· Must have Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, environmental), environmental science, or other related discipline.
· 5-10 years of environmental compliance experience; Strengths in air compliance strongly desired.
· Experience in a consulting, professional services or industrial environment strongly preferred.
· Track record of technical expertise in regulatory frameworks to address complex multi-media environmental compliance challenges including, but not limited to, CWA, CAA, RCRA, EPCRA, and CERCLA.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be proficient at writing, reviewing, and editing technical documents to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations.
· Experience working independently but also collaboratively as a team member.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Professional registration(s)/certification(s) desired.