If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider GHD where we build strong relationships, exceed the expectations of our clients and create lasting community benefit.
We have a great opportunity for a senior level Environmental Compliance Specialist to help lead projects and business development in Dallas, TX. If you have a background in compliance permitting including air, water, waste, storm water, RCRA and landfill permitting for manufacturing and industrial sites, this could be a career enhancing move. This is an opportunity to leverage your local knowledge and be involved in exciting projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions as a subject matter expert.
We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. You'll need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering technical solutions.
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We also provide attractive career and lifestyle options including flexible schedule arrangements, an active social club and professional development through the GHD Business School.
The successful candidate will have interest in:
- Manage several projects simultaneously involving due diligence, Phase I assessments, compliance audits, air permitting and facility compliance support
- Specialize in multimedia compliance management within petrochemical, oil and gas, refining, specialty chemical and manufacturing industries
- Perform compliance and recordkeeping audits and provide regulatory determinations for state and federal regulations, including FCAA (NSPS, NESHAPS, HON), MACT, BACT, LAER, NPDES, RCRA, and OPA ‘90/USCG FRP/SPCC
- Perform EI/SARA TRI/Tier II reporting
- Prepare Semiannual Deviation / Annual Compliance Certification / Quarterly Waste Reports for Title V facilities
- Process permit application packages for industrial clients for FCAA, NPDES, and RCRA permits
- Prepare Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans for construction and industrial storm water permits
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science or a related field
- 8-10 years of compliance permitting experience (including air, water, waste, storm water, RCRA and landfill permitting) with a strong focus in Phase I assessments with manufacturing and industrial sites
- Knowledge of regulatory environmental requirements in TX and surrounding states
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Data compilation, reduction, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus
- Willingness to travel