Environmental Compliance Manager
Environmental Compliance Manager
Serve as the Environmental, Safety & Health Manager for an enterprise Base Operations Support contract in the Northwest Florida Area. This individual will be responsible for providing day-to-day oversight and management in the ESH support areas of the contract and must demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking’s under high pressure situations.
- Perform ESH duties as the PAE authorized representative for the technical and administrative performance of services required under this contract
- Act as a Point of Contact (POC) for questions or difficulties that arise related to the support services activities on the contract, interfacing with the CO, COTR, and Government leadership on a daily basis
- Directly manage the Occupational Health and Safety program in accordance with 29 CFR 1910 standards.
- Manage and ensure that employees are provided a place of employment free from recognized hazards that are causing, or are likely to cause, death or serious harm.
- Manage, train and inspect that employees create and maintain safe working environments, enforcing laws and regulations as required to ensure safe and healthful work environments.
- Conduct hazard analysis of job worksites to verify compliance and determine OSH programs necessary to implement across the program.
- Assist with initial and training certifications as required maintaining adequate and accurate records.
- Develop, implement and manage various Occupational, Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Review business systems administration, resources, procedures, and methods to improve operational effectiveness, utility, and efficiency
- Lead review sessions with the Government to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Recommend, develop, implement, establish and enforce procedures and programs to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Provide technical support to operating entities
- Interpret and implement maintenance policy;
- Key responsibilities on contract performance include adherence to company and government processes, regulations, and statutes
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
- Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Act as the primary point of contact for after-hours emergency response
- Directs the work of a diverse employee population assigned to the program
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, of Equivalent, or a Bachelor’s degree with a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent.
- (5) years of relevant work experience
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite