We have an immediate career opportunity for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager at our Simpsonville, SC manufacturing facility. Primary purpose of this position is to grow the SVL safety culture to achieve world class EHS performance. Tactically deploys the strategy and safety vision for the SVL team.
Effectively executes against the strategy to elevate safety and environmental performance to world-class levels at SVL as a model for and leading the SAC NA SC Business Unit Segment. Assesses, coaches and grows the plant EHS team, enabling the talent, and skills necessary to drive continuous improvement towards world-class safety and environmental performance.
- Plan-Promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture: Provide leadership and coaching to grow the SVL leadership team, plant operations, plant safety committee, and EHS direct reports, to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture that keeps the safety of employees a business value.
- Do- Standards, Technical Guidance: Grows SVL EHS and operation team in the deployment, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Tactically deploy Corporate EHS tools and training to the SVL operation leadership teams, plant safety committee, direct reports and SVL employees with continuous improvement implementation of the SAC EHS management standard.
- Check- Audit Process: Manage and implement controls to monitor progress of EHS continuous improvement and compliance for the SVL site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions. Grow efforts to minimize any legal regulatory activity from government authorities.
- Act- Training: Implement training strategies and course curriculum to advance the knowledge of the SVL team including advancing Lean EHS.
- Act- Risk Management: Work in collaboration with the Risk Management Department on the tactical development and deployment of loss prevention (Fire and WC) strategies to reduce loss experience.
- Act- Risk Mitigation: Maintain 100% compliance as a foundation, and advance to grow the SVL EHS culture to “Find and Eliminate Waste”, tactically implement opportunities for SVL to continuously improve environmental programs in the areas of pollution abatement, environmental and waste water management and to identify ways to minimize processes that affect employee safety and the environment. Grow SVL air compliance programs focused on reducing complexity.
- Plan-Project Management: Partner with SVL team to ensure regulatory compliance, and life safety risks are adequately managed for new capital investments. Effectively coach the implementation of change management.
- Plan-Key Performance Indicators: Provide guidance, interpretation and verification for SVL KPI’s. Perform analysis of data (including behaviors, near miss and first aid cases) to identify trends and set targets in alignment with SVL & Corporate Goals, and develop proactive action plans / programs based on paredo analyses to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (and /or chemistry/ physical sciences), with required specialization in environmental, chemicalengineering, or safety.
- Minimum 10 years Health, Safety & Environmental experience. (Strong air permits management and implementation.)
- Previous managerial experience
- Exposure to LeanSix Sigma EHS implementation at a large manufacturing location
- Experience with OSHA VPP, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Title V Air Permits preferred.
- Record of implementing and maintaining behavior based safety cultures
- Leansix sigma certified green or black beltpreferred.
Requisition id: 12821