Reporting to the Global Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Director, this position manages the global EHS Management System documentation, internal requirements, and external certification conformance to chosen international standards for ON Semiconductor (approximately 22 factories in three regions – North America, Asia and Europe). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads training on the Environmental. Occupational Health & Safety (EOHS) Management System and the internal EHS audit global work process for Global EHS Staff and Internal Auditors.
- Manages analyses of global trends for internal EHS audit findings and evaluation of EHS legal compliance findings.
- Manages fan out for external EHS audit findings – surveillance and re-certification. Conducts and coordinates with senior EHS staff - the annual corporate EHS audits of selected manufacturing operations: focused on safety culture improvement and effective management of significant environmental and safety risks.
- Manages EHS obligations for non-manufacturing locations in the North America Region.
- Maintains applicable Global EHS SharePoint and external web content.
- BS degree in chemical or environmental engineering, physical sciences, industrial hygiene, or other engineering discipline.
- An advanced degree in Health, Safety and Environmental science and CIH, CSP certifications is a plus.
- 8 years experience as an Environmental or Safety engineer/specialist, Fab/Facilities Engineer or Industrial Hygienist.
- 5 years experience direct administration of EHS management system externally certified to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Ability to travel, up to 25%
Specific Skills required:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of environmental, health and safety international management system standards
- General knowledge of EHS relevant laws and regulations
- Strong ability to work well with all functional departments and flexibility to support global operations while ensuring corporate standards are met.
- Able to organize and prioritize complex and varied tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including the hourly workforce, first line supervision, manufacturing management, business level organization, as well as regulatory and external customers.
- Proficient with web-based and other electronic tools and systems.
- Knowledge of environmental technologies/processes
- Experience with safety culture improvement programs
- Experience with hazard and risk control associated processes
- Effective internal and external communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to present to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with diverse cultures
- Availability for domestic and international travel