$80K — $100K *
Pacific Northwest, North America
Ramboll is seeking a highly motivated Consultant to join the Pacific Northwest Business Unit (Portland, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; or Seattle, Washington offices). To succeed in this role, you must have:
• B.S. or M.S. in a relevant engineering discipline (chemical, civil, or environmental) or in a relevant science discipline (geology or chemistry).
• 6 to 10 years of relevant environmental experience.
• Experience conducting environmental due diligence assessment, site investigation and characterization, and remedial program design and management preferred. Some regulatory compliance experience is beneficial.
• Experience in WA, OR and CA preferred
• Experience with ESRI ArcGIS and EarthSoft EQuIS software programs is beneficial
Are you our new Due Diligence/Site Solutions Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Pacific Northwest Business Unit
As our new Consultant, you will be part of a small, progressive team of scientists and engineers located in the Portland, Oregon (including Vancouver, Washington) or Seattle, Washington area.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
• Conduct environmental due diligence projects, including limited compliance reviews for industrial and commercial transactions. Preparation of custom reports tailored to client-specific needs or standard Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards is required.
• Prepare concise reports that assess environmental impacts, potential environmental liabilities, and environmental compliance matters at target facilities.
• Conduct Phase II Environmental Site Assessments at various commercial and industrial properties (primarily in the Pacific Northwest, although some sites may be located in California), including the collection of soil, soil gas, air, and/or groundwater samples under the direction of a registered Professional Geologist or Engineer.
• Development of scopes of work for Phase II investigations based on review of Phase I results.
• Providing technical analysis of complicated site contamination and regulatory compliance issues and preparing technical reports that effectively communicate findings.
• Critically reviewing and interpreting environmental regulations.
• Evaluate remedial program alternatives and develop remedial action plans and cost estimates considering client needs, technical feasibility, and regulatory environment
• Support multiple projects and meet high quality standards on project deliverables.
• Following corporate health and safety standards.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
• Experience with conducting environmental due diligence and site investigation projects.
• Strong technical skills and experience writing technical reports.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the following abilities:
• Multi-tasking on numerous technical projects while maintaining flexibility
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of GIS or other data interpretation/visualization software.
• Working independently with minimal supervision
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment with other technical experts locally, or in other offices
• Willingness to drive or otherwise transport to perform field work out of the office up to 25% of the time, and occasionally for overnight
• Capacity to lift 25 pounds
• Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
• Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to noise and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in North America
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working in North America, applying their professional knowledge across services including Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company where you and your colleagues are trusted to perform and deliver in a friendly and flexible work environment. We invite you to join us in working to solve the challenges facing societies, companies and people around the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter connecting your background to the role, relevant documents showcasing why you are the right match for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!
Valid through: 3/12/2021
$250K — $250K+
15 days ago
$250K — $250K+
15 days ago