Boeing's Space & Missile Systems division, Satellite Systems manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Satellite Systems in El Segundo, CA oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites.
As a Spacecraft Systems Engineer (Level 2) you will be part of a core team supporting the design and development of state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for multiple programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative, creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
In addition under the direction and supervision of the program system lead you will perform trade studies to determine optimal candidate architectures and make decisions on flight hardware usage. You will assemble architecture description documents to present selected architecture diagrams to stakeholders for review or reference. Key tasks will include the development of system requirements for reviews and document requirement validation status.
- Apply interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Perform analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, survivability, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Support the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Experience with performing trade studies
- Previous space flight hardware experience
- 1+ years' of Aerospace Engineeringexperience
Job ID 1700014803