$80K — $100K *
Description:Entry level position with the Global Strike and Product Support (GSPS) software development team working for US Strategic Command creating Web-based and Java mission systems supporting the Intelligence, Global Strike, and Nuclear Planning communities. The qualified candidate will be mentored by experienced software engineers and learn Agile methodologies, web development best practices, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) design patterns, object-oriented design, and secure software techniques.
The qualified candidate will work within teams of 3-6 software engineers to create / improve software systems within the Integrated Strategic Planning and Analysis Network (ISPAN) Mission Planning and Application System (MPAS) system of systems which assists USSTRATCOM with the development of nuclear and conventional kinetic/non-kinetic strike options.
Responsibilities will include software development, unit testing, design, debugging, defect correction, support to team peer reviews, and interaction with systems engineers, architects, and end users to understand the mission and system requirements for software tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS
- Ability to develop Web or Java code in a team environment
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to obtain a security clearance
1) USSTRATCOM / DoD Experience
3) Experience with Spring Framework patterns
4) Experience with Object/Relational Mapping Framework (Hibernate) or SQL
5) Experience with Web Services (REST / SOAP) or XML experience.
6) Experience with Object-Oriented Design.
7) Familiarity with development tooling Eclipse, Jenkins, Gradle, GIT, JUnit, JIRA
Valid through: 11/27/2020
$80K — $110K