Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Assists and participates in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives detailed instructions from immediate supervisor
- Generally works within an identified work group
- Collaborates with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering department
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Works on problems with defined scope, schedule and expectations
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
- Travel may be required
- Security clearance may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Working knowledge of the software development process
- Good ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Good ability to handle ever increasing responsibility and assignments with growing complexity
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Good ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Working knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master good decision-making skills
- Learns to use professional concepts
- Ability to learn and apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Good ability to use the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!