This position is for DexSys, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
DexSys will be providing plastic injected, molded bumpers to the automotive industry.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties of DexSys as described below:
General Job Duties:
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of DexSys employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Learn IT processes related to manufacturing execution systems, data collection systems, reporting systems, administrative applications, and other DexSys applications.
- Work with other departments in analyzing, designing and programming custom solutions.
- Support the implementation and ongoing improvement of IT applications.
- Maintain and develop web, desktop, and database applications.
- Work in a team environment, supporting otherprogrammers and network administrators while learning the IT infrastructure and developing/deploying new applications.
- Support DexSys users who have questions regarding applications.
- Work with the Network Administrators to deploy a robust architecture that will facilitate growth of new applications.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new systems and technologies as needed.
Knowledge and Education
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in a technical field of study preferred.
- MS SQL database design and development
- Good organizational, communication and people skills