About the role
Working within a particular Avanade service delivery center, the Client IT Operations team helps monitor, troubleshoot and support client IT infrastructure, including applications and organization-wide systems. Its objective is to ensure that Avanade’s delivered services meet client commitments.
As a Client IT Operations Consultant, you will design, manage and support client IT infrastructure within Avanade data centers. Assets under your supervision will include physical networks (e.g., WAN/LAN, servers, terminals) and business applications (e.g., PeopleSoft, SAP).
Day-to-day, you will:
- Configure, install, maintain and upgrade computer systems hardware and software
- Maintain security of networks and operating systems and troubleshoot issues
- Plan and manage web systems hardware and software, including web server setup and implementation
- Provide technical support to client end users
- Maintain client databases across multiple platforms and computing environments, monitoring utilities, applications and users
- Design, install, support and maintain local and wide area networks
- Provide technical expertise in managing public and private networks.
You are a well-rounded IT professional and like the variety that comes with working in a large corporate data center. While you have good technical capabilities, you are also a good communicator, especially adept with clients.
Your technical skills likely include experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2012R2/2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Lync 2013 / Skype for Business Server 2015
- Office 365 implementation, migration, and administration – including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business Online as well as Hybrid scenarios
- Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy
- Exchange and Skype for Business design, deployment, and configuration best practices
- Windows Server administration, implementation, and support
- DPM 2012
- Knowledgeable with Enterprise Storage Solutions (Nimble, NetAPP, EMC, etc)
Experience with and troubleshooting knowledge of:
- Mail flow troubleshooting- OWA, ActiveSync, OAB, Internal mail flow, and other Exchange related services.
- Network troubleshooting- Basic connectivity testing and some firewall knowledge
- Backup knowledge- How to complete and troubleshooting various backups from DPM to Snapshots.
- SAN knowledge- Manage disk space and troubleshoot
- Active Directory- Troubleshoot Domain Controllers, replication and some user accounts.
Your business skills likely include:
- Interacting with external clients in a professional capacity
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You will likely have 1-3 years’ experience as a Systems Engineer (or equivalent) in Avanade focused technology. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator and/ or MCITP preferred within 6 months of hire date. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Within two years of hire, you will ideally have your Microsoft Certified Solutions Association certification in Windows Server 2012 or your Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification in Server Infrastructure. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS), and/or Microsoft Certified Technology Professional certifications can substitute.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 51325