Job Title: Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Ankeny, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel, including contractors.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by others.
- Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
- Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
- Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope.
- Designs operations layouts.
- Improves material flow and material presentation.
- Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
- Shift 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM (will need to work OT, depending on production requirements, probably to 5:30 PM).
- May need to work an off shift.
- Basic understanding of assembly and line balance
- Basic understanding of industrial electronics (PLC's, Ethernet I/O)
- Basic understanding of assembly tooling and application
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection required on first day.
- AutoCAD, Pro/E, Creo experience.
- Recent grads will be considered.