Boeing Defense Space and Security is seeking an Entry Level DSP/Communications Subsystems Engineer. In this position you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
• Designing and developing next generation RF, digital and/or optical satellite communication systems
• Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
• Allocating, defining and verifying requirements and interfaces
• Developing performance and link budgets
• Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
• Supporting trade studies
• Supporting unit-level integration and performance simulations
• Supporting HDL-level design and verification
• Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
• Experience or coursework in digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP), waveform design.
• Experience or Coursework in Matlab/Simulink
• Implement and develop algorithms for hardware implementation on ASICs or FPGAs, and verification planning and principles, while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.
• Knowledge of HDL development concepts
• Focus area of signal processing and/or digital communications highly desired
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.