Boeing’s Satellite Capabilities Organization is seeking an Entry Level Digital Integrated Circuit and Embedded Firmware Design Engineer to work in our Electronic Products Digital IC Design Group. This position will support several new ASIC development efforts that require embedded firmware/software and is based in El Segundo, CA. Responsibilities
- Assist in development of electronic architecture and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Assist in development of detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct various methods of testing and analysis to support design.
- Gather data for technical performance measures.
- Assist in providing engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Assist with trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Work under close supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- · Strong background with embedded systems design bridging hardware and software disciplines.
- Ability to work across hardware/software boundaries and thrive in working within a fast-paced environment with ASIC and Software engineers.
- Experience with Application Specific Integrated Circuits(ASIC) and/or Field-programmable gate array (FPGA).
- Background in network design and software defined networking are highly desirable.
- Working understanding of computer architecture and development experience with ARM processors is a plus, as the candidate may support bare metal operating system development for new processor designs.
Typical Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.