START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE MARCH 2018 AND LATER.
At IBM we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with cognitive technology. By using the vast amounts of information available today to identify new patterns and make new discoveries, we are helping cities become smarter, hospitals transform patient care, financial institutions minimize risk, and pharmaceuticals find cures for rare diseases. Join the forward-thinking teams at IBM solving some of the world’s most complex problems – there is no better place to grow your career!
Entry-Level DevOps Developers work at the intersection of Development and Operations; building, deploying, and operating a variety of systems.
Entry-Level DevOps Developers are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched and deployed to a development team in a strategic business, this opportunity is based in Austin, TX.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- You’ll pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- You’ll automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and UrbanCode.
- You’ll design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- You’ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for ensuring scalable and highly-available products.
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems; debugging; and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems.
- You are familiar with operating systems such as Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
- You have a basic understanding of programming/scripting in a language such as Java, Bash, Python, or Ruby.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have basic knowledge in one of the following technology areas : Java, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, UrbanCode, Bash, Python, or Ruby
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
High School Diploma/GED