As a Communications Systems Engineer (Level 1), you will design and develop state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
- Defining and developing satellite communications system and payload architectures
- Defining and verifying requirements and interfaces
- Developing space communication system architecture simulations
- Performing system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition
- Supporting payload and/or system-level integration and validation
- Performing analyses for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system capacity, reliability, and performance
- Developing analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
- Developing and verifying system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements
- Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off
- Supporting system test preparation, execution, and verification.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate proficiency in analog and digital communication theory and systems, RF/microwave design and theory, digital signal processing (DSP), electromagnetics, waveform design, optical or networked communications, and antenna theory while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.
- Proficiency in Matlab and C++ is desirable
- Experience with satellite communications
- Good communication skills, ability to effectively work with various engineering disciplines
Job ID 1700014224