Entry Level Communications and Networks Systems Engineering
As a Communications and Networks Systems Engineer (Level 2), you will design and develop state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
- Defining and developing satellite communications system, networks and payload architecture.
- Defining and verifying requirements and interfaces.
- Supporting trade studies.
- Supporting system-level integration, system simulation, communication link and/or capacity modeling and analysis.
- Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-offs.
- Supporting system test preparation, execution, and verification.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate proficiency in analog and digital communication theory and systems, RF/microwave design and theory, digital signal processing (DSP), electromagnetics, waveform design, optical or networked communications, and antenna theory while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.
- Experience working with digital signal processing (DSP) systems
- Experience with satellite communications
- Engineeringexperience at an aerospace company
Job ID 1700014639