Develops automation and operational analytics to streamline or replace current manual processes, resulting in significant expense savings. Works with operational staff and project team members to improve business performance. Supports users of solutions developed in house, and also administers and encourages best practices with existing corporate technology platforms. Assists and partners with IS in researching and procuring new/emerging technology. Drives continuous improvement in divisional efficiency and quality by creatively leveraging analytics and technology.
This is a solid-level individual contributor in the process and automation technology analyst job family: Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope. Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures. Works under normal direction. Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives. Demonstrates leadership in working with leadership by preparing recommendations and changes to approaches as needed. Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters. May provide guidance to non-exempt or less experienced staff.
Strongly prefer candidates with hands-on experience with development.
• Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
• Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
• Relocation assistance is available.
• Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills; able to manage self and projects
- Strong intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement; able to take initiative and learn on the fly
- Demonstrated proficiency with relevant programming languages, such as VBA, C#/Java, Selenium,SAS, SQL, HTML, Python, etc. (languages may vary by department or division)
- Demonstrated proficiency with data extraction from relational databases and big data repositories: Oracle, Greenplum, SQL Server, and Hadoop (technologies may vary by department or division)
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with business intelligence and collaboration software: Tableau, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office
Additional Job Information:
- Meets with and/or shadows decision-makers to understand critical inputs, steps, and decisions in business processes
- Develops, tests, and deploys automated solutions and automated decision analytics to replace manual business processes
- Quantifies cost savings and other benefits associated with deployed analytics and automation solutions
- Creates and maintains solution documentation, both for end-users and internal reference. Supports automated solutions: responds to user help requests, troubleshoots issues, conducts root cause analysis, and enhances tools to avoid future issues
- Provides user support for key technology rules and technology-enabled processes (e.g. Tableau Server, SAS, SharePoint, Prophix, virtual servers/desktops) for the division; troubleshoots issues, working with I/S as necessary. Mentors and trains users on best practices for data visualization and maximizing value from technology infrastructure.
- Establishes and administers security access rules for divisional data and other information assets
- Identifies opportunities to improve business practices and procedures through analytics and technology
- Analyzes technology options to ensure alignment with short and long term strategies. Provides quantitative support and data-driven recommendations to business partners.
- Participates in technology acquisition projects and proofs of concept for the division; identifies use cases and business requirements, and helps vet possible solutions