Fujitsu America, Inc. provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors.
This individual will provide enterprise-level pre-sales support in the development of sales opportunities bringing successful business solutions to customers. With minimal direction from Enterprise Systems Engineering Management:
- Supports selected pre-sales activities to assist Sales in attaining revenue, margin and product shipment objectives.
- Possess both the technical knowledge and experience to provide general marketing support to assigned channel partners/Channel Development Executives and end user sales opportunities/Client Executives throughout North America.
- Have Expert knowledge of the sales process including hardware and software evaluation and selection.
- An expert understanding of the account planning process.
- Assist sales in the technical qualification of sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and sensitivity to political issues that may arise.
- Conduct both customer facing product presentations and remote WebEx Presentations
- Must be able to deliver clear, organized, on point, and interesting presentations to the audience. Must be able to develop presentations tailored for specific events and/or audiences.
- Conduct technical product training for sales partners.
- Must be able to hear and comprehend both the facts and emotions of a verbal conversation.
- Be an active listener to draw out the speaker.
- Create product configurations and sales quotations build- to-order configuration skills mapping customer define requirements to accepted solution and smooth implementations.
- Conduct product sizing and build configuration based on their documented detail sizing assumptions from higher level customer provided requirements.
- Design and architect technical sales solutions around Fujitsu IP.
- Conduct Quote and Solution validation as a service to others in the sales organization.
- Communicate with customers remotely and face to face with the expected travel to be 50+%.
- Conduct pre-sales hand-off meetings to post sales to ensure successful product installation and implementation
- Respond to formal RFP addressing detail technical responses in writing.
- Work effectively with others and maintain a positive team approach.
- Capable of effectively leading team efforts as required.
- Make effective use of time and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Provide technical account management for selected installed customers, maintain relationships and identifying follow-on sales opportunities.
- Assist other organizations in testing of configuration and quoting tools.
- Understand the client's technical requirements by leading technical discussions and meetings for "white boarding" potential and alternative solutions; by developing technical recommendations and solutions, and then by designing and configuring the hardware and software infrastructure necessary to meet the customer requirements.
- Identify and understand the customer business problem needs and requirements.
- Help develop technical papers or tools for the benefit of the organization and may work with other SEs in the development of complex business solutions
10+ years of professional IT experience
Expert technical knowledge of two or more of the following:
- Storage technologies
- Server x86 and or SPARC technologies
- Backup/recovery technologies
- Networking and network security
- Data Base Management technologies (Oracle, Sybase, XML, SAP/HANA, Hadoop.)
- High Availability technologies (VERITAS Open Cluster, HPC, Windows Clusters, Linux Clusters)
- Understanding of IT infrastructure with specific core competence of storage architectures: SAN, NAS, CAS, Tiered Storage and Information Lifecycle Management.
- Understanding of data protection & archival technologies – Tape Automation, D2D2Tape strategies, VTL, Data Deduplication, Backup software, Data Archival, Replication technologies, and Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Understanding of storage management techniques, software management products and capabilities.
- Understanding of network topologies and technologies: routers, switches, security, load balancing.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure with specific core competence of x86 and SPARC server architectures.
- Technical knowledge of the following operating systems - Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix Virtualization OS's. Solaris a plus.
- Knowledge of Server & Storage IT industry trends including competitive marketing strategies.
- Understanding of Fujitsu architecture and aspects affecting system design for a wide range of business solutions. For new hires this level of knowledge will be attained within the first 90 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)