SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for Enterprise Systems Engineer for the Enterprise Mission Engineering department within the Systems Engineering & Launch Division (SELD). SELD provides end-to-end systems engineering and enterprise integration of the customer’s space and ground programs involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence. Strong systems engineering approaches are utilized to provide sound and objective technical solutions. Mission Engineering, in the government’s Systems Engineering Office, establishes the requirements baseline and initial identification and scoping of the customer’s new capabilities.
- Provide systems engineering support to the customer’s Office of Mission Engineering responsible for the development and baselining of requirements and artifacts for major national systems
- Investigate and assess enterprise and system approaches, especially the realization of enterprise capabilities and their interdependencies
- Lead studies in support of system and functional level requirements and performance specifications
- Identify tasks and provide oversight of studies and analysis to be performed by Aerospace’s Engineering and Technology Group (ETG)
- Supports teams of Government, Aerospace (including ETG), and SETA personnel and work with directorates and offices across the government organization
- Daily interaction with customer counterpart
- Responsible for applying systems engineering expertise in support of requirements and interface development and management
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organizations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A current or active TS/SSBI
- Minimum 5 or more years relevant systems engineering experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work in integrated Government/FFRDC/SETA teams
- Must be capable of interacting directly with senior Government management and be able to work autonomously in a program office environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast pace environment and complete tasks on short timelines
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience with systems engineering including:
- requirements and interface development and management,
- concept of operations development,
- risk management,
- independent technical assessments,
- trade study analysis,
- system readiness activities
- Demonstrated engineering and technical leadership, including identifying issues, concerns, establishing resolution approaches, etc.
- Previous GEOINT experience
- Knowledge of Aerospace ETG capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing ETG support
Requisition ID: 39261